DALE, HUFFMAN & BABCOCK HISTORY
On May 1, 1979, after 17 years with another firm in Bluffton, David C. Dale opened his own law offices in the G-B-M Building on LaMar Street in Bluffton. Mr. Dale's primary practice was (and remains) in the areas of estate and trust planning and administration. In 1982, Keith P. Huffman joined the practice to assist in the areas of real estate, corporation formation, and commercial law. With Mr. Huffman's addition to the firm, the firm's areas of practice were also broadened to include labor law, health care law, and Medicaid law.
As the firm's staff grew to accommodate the needs of its clientele, a larger physical facility became a necessity. In the summer of 1985, construction was begun on the present building at 1127 North Main Street in Bluffton. In December of 1985, the firm's offices were moved to the new building.
In 1986, to meet the needs of clients in the northern part of the County, the firm opened a branch office in Ossian. The current facility at 215 North Jefferson Street was built in 1996.
In the summer of 1999, the firm added the services of Timothy K. Babcock to assist in the rapidly changing areas of estate and trust planning and administration.
Most recently, Christopher L. Nusbaum joined the firm in August of 2011 to assist in the areas of estate and trust planning and administration. Additionally, Mr. Nusbaum practices in the areas of real estate and business law, focusing on entity formation, management, and acquisition.
The firm's attorney roster is supported by a well-trained staff of legal assistants assigned and trained in the areas of law practiced by the respective attorneys to whom they are assigned.